The “Pepsi” 126710BLRO, in particular, is an eye-catching timepiece known for its vibrant blue and red bezel — it has become the talk of the town since it was released and has become a watch found in many collections.
And while it’s identifiable among watches from other brands, the Rolex GMT-Master II “Pepsi” 126710BLRO, goes way beyond its aesthetics. For many who are keen on investing in a new luxury watch and are contemplating this model, you must get to know what it has to offer.
Learn what makes up its case, dial, bracelet, and movement on top of its retail price and markup and several frequently asked questions. If you’re ready, dive into the bits and pieces that make the Rolex Pepsi a watch worth wearing on your wrist.
The Rolex GMT Master II “Pepsi” features a distinct and head-turning case design that measures 40mm in diameter. A major element adding to its charm is the two-tone, red and blue bezel in ceramic, reminiscent of the colors evident in the Pepsi drink.
This striking color combination serves as a guide that helps the wearer easily distinguish between daytime and nighttime hours in the second time zone:
- The red part of the bezel represents the daylight hours (6 AM to 6 PM)
- The blue part represents the nighttime hours (6 PM to 6 AM)
Apart from that, there are other key aspects of the Rolex Pepsi case, which include:
- Oystersteel construction: This 904L stainless steel alloy ensures maximum corrosion resistance and a beautiful polish.
- Water resistance: The screw-down case back and winding crown offer 100m water resistance, suitable for swimming and other recreational activities.
- Ceramic bezel: The Cerachrom bezel insert ensures that the colors remain vibrant and unaffected by exposure to UV rays while also providing excellent scratch resistance.
- Sapphire crystal: A scratch-resistant sapphire crystal provides a clear view of the dial while affording superior durability. It also features the Cyclop lens that magnifies the date by up to 2.5 times.
The Rolex Pepsi dial showcases a design that is both legible and modern, making it easy to read at a glance, even in low-light conditions.
Moreover, as a GMT tool watch, the Rolex dial has two primary time zones, allowing you to track local and home time simultaneously.
Some distinct features of the Rolex Pepsi dial include:
- Black base color option
- Both local and home 24-hour GMT hands
- Date function with bright white text to enhance legibility
- Luminous markers on the dial, ensuring visibility in various lighting conditions
While admiring the dial, don’t forget to pay attention to its fine details. The trademark Rolex logo sits proudly at the top of the dial. Meanwhile, in the bottom part are the “GMT-Master” and Superlative Chronometer Certified labels that add characteristics to the face of the watch.
When it comes to the strap or bracelet of the Rolex Pepsi 126710BLRO, the option comes in a Jubilee oyster bracelet, which has an intricate and dressy five-link design (consisting of three smaller links flanked by two larger ones).
Note: While the Ref. 126710BLRO is typically paired with a Jubilee bracelet, Rolex has also been known to release different versions of their models over time, so some may have a three-piece link design.
Moreover, the Rolex Pepsi GMT-Master II Ref. 126710 BLRO is equipped with:
- Oystersteel: The bracelet is made of Oystersteel, Rolex’s corrosion-resistant alloy.
- Oysterlock Folding Clasp: An adjustable clasp featuring a Rolex-patented Easylink rapid extension system.
- Polished Center Links: The center links are polished, giving the bracelet a more luxurious appearance. In contrast, the outer links have a brushed finish.
- 5mm Comfort Extension Link: Allows easy adjustment of the bracelet size for comfort.
The Rolex GMT-Master II “Pepsi” is powered by a highly reliable and accurate movement, the caliber 3285. This innovative movement is developed and manufactured by Rolex in-house, ensuring the highest quality and performance standards.
Let’s break down the notable features of this automatic movement:
- Chronergy Escapement: The caliber 3285 features Rolex’s patented Chronergy escapement, which enhances the movement’s efficiency and precision. It is made of nickel-phosphorus, which makes it resistant to magnetic interference.
- Power Reserve: You can enjoy an impressive 70-hour power reserve when wearing your Rolex Pepsi, allowing you to take it off for an extended period without needing rewinding.
- Accuracy: Rolex takes pride in the accuracy of its movements. The caliber 3285 has been tested and certified as a Superlative Chronometer, ensuring a daily accuracy of -2/+2 seconds.
- Parachrom Hairspring: The movement is equipped with Rolex’s blue Parachrom hairspring, which offers excellent resistance to shocks, temperature variations, and magnetic fields. This feature contributes to maintaining the watch’s accuracy in various conditions.
- Functions: The Rolex Pepsi boasts many useful functions, including a time display, a date window at the 3 o’clock position, and the iconic GMT function. The GMT hand can be independently adjusted for seamless tracking of a second-time zone.
The Competitive Landscape
With the widespread popularity of the Rolex GMT-Master II “Pepsi” Ref. 126710BLRO, many watch enthusiasts are keen to have a timepiece of this model for their collection. Unfortunately, as a highly in-demand watch, those interested in this wristwatch will have to endure being on the waiting list or resort to the grey market, where this reference may have an exponential price increase.
This is where competition comes in, and three of the watches that can be great alternatives to the Rolex Pepsi are as follows:
- Tudor GMT Watch – M79830RB-0001: The Tudor Black Bay GMT boasts a 41mm stainless steel case, a bi-directional bezel, and a red and blue aluminum insert. It is further powered by the caliber MT5652, providing a 70-hour power reserve. Read to learn more about the differences between Rolex Pepsi and Tudor Pepsi.
- Grand Seiko SBGJ237: Another contender in the GMT watch market is the Grand Seiko SBGJ237, which features a 44.2mm steel case, a dual-curved sapphire crystal, and a Zaratsu-polished 24-hour rotating bezel. The watch is driven by the in-house caliber 9S86, offering a 55-hour power reserve and an impressive 10 beats per second for greater accuracy.
- Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 188.8.131.52.01.001: The Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 184.108.40.206.01.001 is a versatile GMT watch in a 43.5mm stainless steel case with a black and white ceramic bezel and a water resistance of up to 600 meters. Powered by Omega’s Co-Axial Master Chronometer calibre 8906, it provides a 60-hour power reserve.
No doubt, the iconic Rolex GMT-Master II Pepsi is a one-of-a-kind timepiece. Still, the market also offers several high-quality alternatives.
Whether you are considering the Tudor Black Bay GMT for its affordability, the Grand Seiko SBGJ237 for its unique aesthetic, or the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean for its added functionality, each watch brings its own distinct advantages, allowing for personal preference in making the final decision.
Why Should You Invest?
The Rolex GMT Master II “Pepsi” has captured the attention of watch enthusiasts around the world, and it’s going to stay on that same course in the years to come. This is a reason sensible enough to prompt you into considering this watch as a significant investment due to the entailed high demand for this wristwatch.
Additionally, the name “Rolex,” which the watch is associated with, brings so much value. You’re guaranteed a worthy timepiece that sells more than its original price, about 20% higher, as reported by CNBC, a business news channel.
Moreover, the classic design, quality, and reputation keep Rolex Pepsi relevant and competitive. It’s on par with other luxury watch models, specifically Omega, Patek Philippe, TAG Heuer, and Breitling.
Pricing & Availability
The pricing of a Rolex Pepsi 126710 BLRO has undergone some changes, mainly due to demand and supply, inflation, and other economic factors. According to WatchCharts, a luxury watch price tracking platform, the model may come in at a retail price of S$14,950 and a market price of S$26,257.
Meanwhile, the grey market can dictate a price for the same watch, typically around S$25,194 to S$113,871. Primarily, the main reasons for a huge gap in the Rolex Pepsi price are the watch’s condition, the box and papers, the service history, the seller’s reputation, and after-sales services.
While some Pepsi Rolex watches come at insane prices, the grey market serves as a great source to find your very own timepiece in a wide price tag range.
Meanwhile, if you prefer purchasing from an Authorized Dealer (AD), the 126710 BLRO can be around S$58,163. With these price differences, you must determine the pros and cons of an AD and the grey watch dealer and determine which serves the most advantage in your case.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which Popular Celebrities Wear a Rolex Pepsi?
Many celebrities have been spotted wearing a Rolex Pepsi, showcasing their love for this iconic timepiece. Some notable figures include John Mayer, Ellen Degeneres, and Daniel Craig, each making their own unique statement with the watch.
It is clear that the Rolex Pepsi is admired by many and remains a popular choice among watch enthusiasts and celebrities alike.
2. What Is the Difference Between Rolex Coke and Rolex Pepsi?
The primary distinction between Rolex Coke and Rolex Pepsi lies in their bezel colors. The Rolex Pepsi features a blue and red bezel representing night and day, respectively. In contrast, the Rolex Coke exhibits a black and red bezel.
These two watches are part of the GMT-Master II collection, but their different color schemes reflect personal preferences, making it a matter of taste when choosing between the two models.
3. What Is the Most Wanted Rolex Model?
Although many Rolex models are highly sought after, the most wanted Rolex model is the Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi with a reference number of 126710 BLRO. This timepiece is in high demand due to its attractive design, functionality, and storied history.
However, considering others pursue different purposes regarding their watches, some may say that the most wanted Rolex models would also be those from the Submariner and Daytona collections.
The Rolex GMT-Master II “Pepsi” is a highly sought-after watch with a rich history. As an aviation tool watch, it boasts a Caliber 3285 movement and a 70-hour power reserve, which replaces the old 48-hour reserve. Additionally, the water resistance of this watch has been improved to 100m.
Understanding these specs and features can help you determine if the Rolex Pepsi is the right fit for your lifestyle. With its versatility, functionality, and the iconic “Pepsi” bezel, this timepiece is an excellent addition to any watch collection.
- The “Pepsi” is a watch from the vintage Rolex GMT-Master ref. 16750 line, produced from the late 1970s to the late 1980s.
- This watch features a dual-color blue and red bezel, earning its nickname the “Pepsi Rolex” due to its resemblance to the Pepsi logo.
- More recent models of the watch, such as the GMT-Master II Pepsi Ref. 126710 BLRO, feature a superlative chronometer with a -2/+2 seconds per day accuracy, ensuring reliable timekeeping.
Looking to buy or sell your luxury watches? Watch Exchange is your one-stop destination for trading Rolex, Patek Philippe, Tissot, Sinn, Zenith, and other luxury timepieces. Find your next watch today or list your item for free!